A group of volunteers who are willing to help others in various ways, describes the Care Group. All residents of East Bridgford, Kneeton and those from nearby villages who are registered at East Bridgford Medical Centre can benefit from their help.
The group can organise:
- Transport for mainly medical reasons to surgery, dental, chiropody, optician, and hospital appointments where suitable services are not available.
- Transport for Nursing Home and hospital visits to relatives
- Help within the village to collect pensions, prescriptions and shopping etc
- Befriending the lonely or isolated person
- Local transport to social events, hairdressers appointments etc.
Costs: to help towards the expenses of the volunteer drivers a charge of 45p per mile will be requested. Journeys within East Bridgford are usually free of charge.
Fixed charges apply to some journeys:
East Bridgford to QMC £7.50 single
City Hospital £7.00 single
Newark Hospital £9.50 return.
Prescription delivery outside East Bridgford £2.00 - £3.50 dependent on village
For more information you can pick up a leaflet from the Medical Centre.
FOR HELP CALL: 07976 935476
Please give at least 24 hours notice for a transport request. We will do our best to help but cannot guarantee that it will be possible on every occasion.
Are you at a loose end the second Thursday of each month from 2pm? - If so please come along to our over 60s social afternoon at the Methodist Church , we participate in games, tea and cake
If you would like to volunteer your services there is an application form in the Care Group leaflet.