East Bridgford Medical Centre - Patient Participation Group (PPG)
At the request of the Medical Centre, the PPG was established in 2009 to provide an effective two way communication link between the practice and its patients.
The principle aim; to enhance the overall patient experience by improving the organisation and delivery of the health care services offered to the local community.
Our PPG membership is in two parts; the Committee Members and the Virtual Members. The committee comprises; three officers, up to nine patient members, up to two practice representatives and one practice partner. The committee meet every six weeks.
The virtual members are a much larger group of patients who, unable to attend regular meetings, provide feedback, comment and information electronically to the committee.
The objectives of the PPG are to:
- Provide relevant feedback and information to the practice about the community it serves, in respect of patient needs, concerns and interests.
- Give patients a voice in the decision making, organisation, management and quality of the clinical services provided.
- Be available for consultation with the practice and provide guidance from the patients prospective.
- Influence the enhanced provision of primary / secondary health and social care to the community.
- Organise patient information events to encourage and support activities within the practice and promote better health awareness.
- Liaise with other Patient Participation Groups within Nottinghamshire.
If you wish to contact the Patient Participation Group you can send an e-mail to the following address:
This address will be checked regularly but we cannot guarantee it will be opened every day. It should only be used for non-urgent, non-medical, matters e.g. feedback about PPG events, suggestions for other activities, or questions about the PPG itself.
Please do not use it for complaints about the treatment you have received or to discuss medical issues. If you wish to make a complaint, or have a query regarding a medical matter, please telephone reception to make an appointment to see the appropriate person.
We will normally respond to you by e-mail using the address that appears with your message. Please confirm that you are willing to be contacted in this way. If you wish us to contact you at another address or by phone please make this clear in your message.
Please note that, if you send us an e-mail, you will be sending us information about yourself e.g. your IP address. Whilst every effort is made to keep this information secure, you should be aware that we cannot guarantee absolute privacy. If this concerns you should write to the PPG care of the practice.
Other than in exceptional circumstances we will not keep e-mails once a response has been sent and the correspondence has closed.
N.B. The PPG are not able to deal with specific a complaint in respect of medical services provided by the Practice. Any such complaint must be directed to the EBMC Practice Manager and dealt with under the NHS complaints procedure(s).
Constitution & Terms of Reference
PPG committee Members