East Bridgford Medical Centre - Patient Participation Group (PPG)
At the request of the Medical Centre, the PPG was established in 2009 to provide an effective two way communication link between the practice and its patients.
The principle aim; to enhance the overall patient experience by improving the organisation and delivery of the health care services offered to the local community.
Our PPG membership is in two parts; the Committee Members and the Virtual Members. The committee comprises; three officers, up to nine patient members, up to two practice representatives and one practice partner. The committee meet every six weeks.
The virtual members are a much larger group of patients who, unable to attend regular meetings, provide feedback, comment and information electronically to the committee.
The objectives of the PPG are to:
- Provide relevant feedback and information to the practice about the community it serves, in respect of patient needs, concerns and interests.
- Give patients a voice in the decision making, organisation, management and quality of the clinical services provided.
- Be available for consultation with the practice and provide guidance from the patients prospective.
- Influence the enhanced provision of primary / secondary health and social care to the community.
- Organise patient information events to encourage and support activities within the practice and promote better health awareness.
- Liaise with other Patient Participation Groups within Nottinghamshire.
If you are a patient of the practice and interested in becoming a PPG committee or virtual member, please contact Jo Bloor on 01949 20216 or any Officer of the PPG by email.
N.B. The PPG are not able to deal with specific a complaint in respect of medical services provided by the Practice. Any such complaint must be directed to the EBMC Practice Manager and dealt with under the NHS complaints procedure(s).
Constitution & Terms of Reference
PPG committee Members