Please click on the link below to find details of our AGM to be held on 22nd August 2017
PPG AGM details
East Bridgford Medical Centre - Patient Participation Group (PPG)
The PPG was established in 2009 at the request of the practice to provide an effective two way communication link between the practice and its patients. The principle aim is to enhance the overall patient experience by improving the organisation and delivery of the health care services offered to the local community.
Our PPG membership is in two parts; the Committee Members and the Virtual Members. The committee comprises of three officers, up to nine patient members, the Practice Manager and a Practice Partner. the core group meet every six weeks.
The virtual members are a much larger group of patients who, unable to attend regular meetings, provide feedback, comment and information electronically to the committee.
The objectives of the PPG are to:
- Provide relevant feedback and information to the practice about the community it serves, on patient needs, concerns and interests.
- Give patients a voice in the decision making, organisation, management and quality of the clinical services provided.
- Be available for consultation with the practice and provide guidance from the patients prospective.
- Influence the enhanced provision of primary / secondary health and social care to the community.
- Organise patient information events to encourage and support activities within the practice and promote better health awareness.
- Liaise with other Patient Participation Groups within Nottinghamshire.
The current members of the Committee are:
Jackie Wheeler (Chair) John O'Hare (Treasurer / Secretary) Mike Handy, Carole Sykes, Julie Sutherland, Carole Habieb, Richard Mackie, Christopher Henwood, Jo Bloor, Gillian Stevens, Dr Christopher Cope and Pat Colclough (Practice Manager).
If you are a patient at the practice and interested in becoming a member of the PPG, please contact Jo Bloor tel. no. 01949 20216, the PPG via Jackie Wheeler, tel. no. 01949 20460 or Richard Mackie tel. no. 01949 20335.
Any complaints in respect of medical services provided by the Practice should be directed to the Practice Manager and not the PPG.