A group of volunteers who are willing to help others in various ways, describes the Care Group. All residents of East Bridgford, Kneeton and those from nearby villages who are registered at East Bridgford Medical Centre can benefit from their help.
The group can organise:
- Transport for mainly medical reasons to surgery, dental, chiropody, optician, and hospital appointments where suitable services are not available
- Transport for Nursing Home and hospital visits to relatives
- Help within the village to collect pensions, prescriptions and shopping etc
- Befriending the lonely or isolated person
- Local transport to social events, hairdressers appointments etc.
Non-urgent advice: Costs
Costs: to help towards the expenses of the volunteer drivers a charge of 45p per mile will be requested. Journeys within East Bridgford are usually free of charge.
Fixed charges apply to some journeys:
East Bridgford to QMC £10.00 single
City Hospital £10.00 single
Newark Hospital £10.00 return
For more information you can pick up a leaflet from the Medical Centre.
Please give at least 24 hours notice for a transport request. We will do our best to help but cannot guarantee that it will be possible on every occasion.
The Care Group holds a weekly Coffee, Cake & Conversation social in East Bridgford Methodist Church on Main Street each Wednesday morning from 10.00 am until 11.45 am. Transport to this within the village can be arranged if required for those who are less mobile.
If you would like to volunteer your services please contact the Care Group on the above number.